Emergency Response Centre
OFFB’s Emergency Response Centre is located at Koppholen 19 in Sandnes in modern, state-of-the-art, office premises. We have all the facilities we need, including two independent situation rooms. We also have a dedicated call centre and reserved space for liaison and technical support personnel. In the event of an incident, our emergency response team will be mobilised within one hour.
Areas of responsibility
n the event of an incident, our emergency response team will be mobilised within one hour. The team is made up of the following six people, each with their own area of responsibility:
- An Emergency Response Manager who maintains communications with the operator in 3rd line.
- A Chief of Staff who maintains contact with emergency response managers in first line.
- An Authorities Coordinator who reports to the public authorities.
- A Personnel Coordinator who ensures that evacuated personnel and next of kin are appropriately taken care of.
- A Logistics Coordinator who ensures that the necessary resources are made available to the search and rescue services, and coordinates these resources with the Joint Rescue Coordination Centres.
- An Information Coordinator who ensures that verified information is provided to 3rd line. The operator makes strategic decisions about what information should be released to the media, next of kin and other stakeholders.